Ruff Dugger is trail / mud / natural obstacle runs you can take part in with or without your dog.
This will test your fitness and team working skills to the max. Come and take part in Scotland’s leading obstacle , mud trail run for runners with their dogs.
Saturday 18th August 2018 – Craufurdland Estate, Fenwick, KA3 6BX
Ruff Dugger is trail / mud / obstacle runs you can take part in with or without your dog. This will test your fitness and team working skills to the max. Come and take part in Scotland’s leading obstacle , mud trail run for runners with their dogs.
Our next event will be held at Craufurdland Estate, Fenwick KA3 6BX
Running through, technical twisting forest tracks, scrambling hills and not forgetting our signature mud ditches to navigate through.
“Technical, muddy, off track routes that will test your determination and team work with your dog. With natural obstacles to get over, up, through and down this is set to be fantastic fun and adventure you won’t forget! Run the course on your own, or with your dog ”
You can enter as a team, join a friend and help each other out. Team will consist of 2 adults, same or mixed sex at least 1 team mate must have a dog, maximum 2 dogs per team. Goodie bags and medals for all who complete. Stalls , Cafe and Hot food . Don’t forget your towel and clean clothes for after or midge spray
- Team (at least 1 team member must have a dog) Max 2 people, (from 13 years and up )
- Single ( Single adult with one or no dog ) Max 1 dog per person.
- Mucky Pups: (children under 10 MUST be accompanied by an adult, only the child needs to be entered, the adult just accompanies the kid for safety)
**Max 1 dog per person, trails are technical and can be difficult to negotiate, we do not allow one person to run with 2 dogs**
You can canicross this or run your dog on a lead, no choking mechanisms allowed, dogs must be 12 months and over.
Dogs who wear a muzzle whilst running, must have an open basket, or grey hound racing type muzzle, one that allows opening of mouth fully.
Any thing anti pull – Slip lead, head collar , harness with bar across the shoulder (e.g Julius K9) is not permitted, this is for dog welfare. Dogs are likely to pull at an event like this due to excitement , they should be in a comfortable , non restrictive harness.
No flexi / extendable leads, leads must be no longer than 2 metres long.
Canicross kit is what is advised for comfort for your dog and ease for the runner.
No need to be a Pro at running come have some fun with your 4 legged friend.
CANCELLATIONS – Should you be unable to attend the event then please contact the organiser by email as an official waiting list may be in place. To claim a refund should competitor(s) be unable to attend please send a self addressed stamped envelope to the organiser. Any requests for refunds must be made 30 days prior to the event date, this will be entry fee minus costs the organiser has incurred. Should the event need to be cancelled for reasons out with the organiser’s control a refund will be available again minus costs the organiser has incurred. If the event is postponed then the entry can be transferred to the rearranged event. NOTE the organiser is unable to transfer entries to other runners.
Please do not pass your place on to a friend, they will not be allowed to run, they have to pay and enter.
Event details and schedule
- Wrist bands can be collected at registration. All participants must attend the briefing. You will be asked to provide emergency contact information at registration
- Equipment will be checked. No anti pull harness, head collars , or choking collars, flexi / extendable leads permitted.
- Comfortable harness, flat collar, and 2m long lead allowed. Canicross equipment is advised .
- Kids aged 7-10 must be accompanied by an adult around the course for safety. Children should not be in control of large, strong or anti social dogs at any time. Adults can accompany older children if they wish also. Adults do not need to enter just run with the child.
- Info pack will be emailed out to the email add you in put on entry week of the event. Likely to be the Thursday evening . See FB page for more info and up dates
- There is no camping available at this event and we do not know of any local camp sites.
Facilities: Access to water , toilets , stalls , merchandise, hot food and more on site . Registration open from 3.00 pm
Briefing for kids at 4.00pm
Mucky Pups Start 4.30pm
Teams and Adults briefing 5.30pm
Teams and Adults Start 6.00pm
Parking at Craufurdland Estate is restricted. We have limited no’s of entrants , specatators please park outwith the estate and walk down. If at all possible please car share. Parking marshalls will be on hand to help out, but please be patient and be prepared for cars to be blocked in to allow space to park during the event. Where to park info will be issued in your event pack , week of the event.
Enter Online at: